Aracena Day Trip September 28,2020
Aracena Day Trip
Monday September 28th
Private Guided Day trip to a “Jamon” Pig Farm: Sierra de Aracena, full day
This is a fabulous day trip for food lovers.
- Venture Northwest of Seville, into the homeland of the Iberian pig, the Sierra de Huelva.
- Travel through the picturesque hilltop towns around Aracena & Jabugo until we arrive at a family-run pig farm. Here we will be met by our host and receive a personal tour of the grounds and facilities, learning about the breeding and production of Spain’s favourite and most coveted animal – theIberian pig.
- Visit the acorn filled land where the pigs graze, the salting area and the bodegas where the jamons are hung to cure. Our host will treat us to a tasting of freshly cut jamon, after which we will travel to a local village where there will be further opportunities to try local delicacies and learn more about their preparation before walking to a nearby restaurant to enjoy a meal of local meats and other produce, washed down with fine wine.
- After lunch a leisurely walk with spectacular panoramic views will aid digestion before returning to Seville. (Lunch is not included)
- Lunch at Restaurante Arrieros a favourite restaurant in the region. Tucked away in the side streets of charming Linares de la Sierra village, you’ll love the quality products and dishes these guys prepare!
Lunch included $335.00 per person